- Collaborative with the subject matter specialist of the State Agriculture Universities/scientists of the Regional Research Station, NARP and the State
Extension personnel in ‘On farm Testing/Trial” for refining and documenting technologies level for developing region specific sustainable land use systems.
- Organize trainings to update the extension personnel in the emerging advances in agricultural research on regular basic.
- Organize long term and short-term vocational training courses in agriculture and allied vocations for the rural youths and practicing farmers with
emphasis on “learning by doing” generating self employment through intuitional financing.
- Organize front line demonstrations on various crops to generate production data and feedback information.
- To provide technological feed back to the research system.
Based on farming analysis the following thrust area has been identified :-
- Increasing productivity of crop and vegetables by adopting improved production technologies i.e. use of HYVs, use of balanced dose of fertilizers including compost
and bio-fertilizer application, adopting timely and appropriate measures of plant protection etc.
- Increasing productivity and profitability of orchards through introduction of new varieties and their scientific management.
- Production of crops, vegetables, fruits and medicinal plants in organic mode.
- Increasing productivity of milk in cow and buffalo through artificial insemination for breed improvement, deworming in animals and introduction of new fodder crops.
- Increasing income and employment through diversification e.g. cultivation of medicinal and aromatic plants, nursery raising for horticultural crops, processing of fruits
and vegetables for value addition, vegetable production under protected cultivation, cultivation of off season vegetables, mushroom production, fish farming, vermi
composting and production of verms.
- Empowerment of women through their training and participation in the income generation activities.
- To improve farming systems with holistic approach by incorporating crops, vegetables, fruits, spices, livestock, poultry, high value crops etc.
- Entrepreneurship development for rural youth and farm women.
- Improving livelihood security of rural masses.
- Diversifying existing cropping pattern of traditional farming system through technological interventions.
- Introduction of newly improved agricultural implements.
- Establishing linkage with government departments, NGOs and private agencies.
In addition to these priority thrust area for intensive approach of the activities, the KVK selected cluster of villages in district Ghazipur.
These Activities are :-
- Training : The KVK provide skill oriented training to farmers, farm women and rural youth.
- Demonstration : On farm and front line demonstrations including crop production with organic fertilizers, improved verities and using IPM module are regularly conducted at the KVK and on farmers field.
- On Farm Testing : To help farmers understand and resolved the major problems the face with regard to their crops, on farm testing is conducted on farmer’s field to demonstrate problem solving methods and also benefits of new agricultural techniques.
- Farmers Scientist Interaction (FSI) : Meeting of farmers and scientist of the KVK are organized on farmer’s field, that attempt to offer sustainable and affordable solutions all traditional and seasonal problems face to farmers.
- Field Days : Field days are organized on farmers field that have shown the best results with new crop verities where all farmers and farm women are invited and the farmers himself explains what he did and what results he achieved.
- Kisan Mela : An annual two days Kisan Mela is organized at the KVK where all activities are demonstrated and competitions and prizes are distributed in most adoptable technology of farmers. Government and district line departments and NGO’s also participate in the Mela and exhibit their activities.
- Diagnostic Field Visit : Scientists of the KVK visit all selected and non-selected villages during cropping time to evaluate and check farmer’s field performance and suggest solutions to many crops problems that might be present.
- Farmer’s Exposure Visit : Farmers are regularly brought to the KVK’s demonstration unit to show and teach them new and improved farming techniques and also taken on visits to agricultural research station.
- Medicinal Plant Cultivation : The KVK identify and propagate the cultivation of medicinal plants in the target area.